Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hmm, I seem to be neglecting myself

It's been a busy three or so weeks.  Sorry for the silence on my end.  I'm not sure why I keep ignoring my blog.  It's not made itself into a bi-or tri-weekly habit yet, I guess. 

And I've been juggling a lot of things, primarily traveling this last month:  Balticon46 over Memorial Day weekend (more on that to come, I promise!).  Then I drove to a karate/grappling seminar in my old dojo in Greensboro, NC (more on that, too!) with an extension to my Mom's house for a quick and dirty, but uneventful, girl's weekend with my sister's and my Mom (also a four day trip -- Thur through Sun).  Then my older sister & B-I-L came up the next Thurs so we could go see the Hokusai print exhibit before it left the Sackler Gallery in D.C..  And this weekend, the S.O. and I are in Williamsburg at the annual Virginia Dental Meeting.  Four weekends of travel, strange beds &/or guests (sorry Lisa & John, but y'all are strange :)

The Hokusai exhibit is almost indescribable.  These are woodcut prints are from the1830s and are frelling beautiful.  Especially the ones printed all in blue ink.  If it comes to a gallery anywhere near your city, do not hesitate to go, & go more than once if you can.  It's definitely worth the price of admission. 

The Japanese Mezzotints exhibit is worth a peek, too, especially the lone copper plate showing the etching.  It's warm copper tone blew the black and with print away, in my humble opinion.  And my sister made sure I saw it.  She knows what I tend to be drawn to, as she's seen enough of my photography and stolen, er, appropriated enough of her art/sculpture over the years.  (I still want my turn with the Jhierry totems.  Where the heck are they, BTW?)

More later, when I'm not getting ready for a dental CEU which prolly won't carry over to my massage therapy credits, not that I need anything but an ethics class to renew this year.  August will surprise the heck out of me, so I'd better get to reading that ethics book I borrowed from Kristen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment