Saturday, February 8, 2014

What's in a Name?

I'm a waffler.

Almost 50/50 split between right and left brain.

It's damn difficult for me to make a decision, YEARS in some instances. But once I do, I usually do not look back. (Just ask exes who aren't in my life anymore. : )

I've ruminated upon this idea for a couple of years. Actually, since the first time my SO pitched a hissy-fit when a slightly risque poem was published in a regional mag -- "My 'clients' might read that and get the wrong idea? This is a small town. I have to be careful..."*

Still haven't laid that particular argument to rest. So, when I get published, what name goes on the by-line? My maiden name? My initials and my married last name? Or under A.N. Ymouse? (yeah, that was bad. I suck at puns.)

So, Universe, I ask, What is in a name?

* I slightly fudged the semantics there for obfuscation of said SO's profession

No comments:

Post a Comment