Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mia Culpa

It has been two weeks since my last confession, er, blog post.  But it's been a busy two weeks.  I sent a blog post to my friend, who's trying to get back into the regular habit.  I adopted two soldiers in Afghanistan, plus my nephew in the Navy, and have been writing them -- at least weekly.  Three letters a week.  My Mom could never get me to do this for family when we lived in Alaska.  But I was a snotty little kid and it wasn't fun then.   :)

I've also been to NC and back, to visit my Mom for Mother's Day.  And to catch a little karate fix while I was near one of my instructor's classes.  I barely made the start of his kids class and broke a sweat in there (it's been a looong while since I trained).  The adults class put me on my ass at least a couple dozen times.  We worked different ways of applying one wrist lock, seems like a dozen different scenarios in retrospect.  At least.  But I may have been confused with information overload.  I definitely had an attack of my usual physical dyslexia (Which way do I go?  What way do I turn?  Which hand are we blocking with?  Grabbing with?  That sort of thing. : ). 

I also hadn't planned on participating in any take-downs &/or throws.  Guess I should have told the instructor that my back was already close to spasm-city.  12 seconds after I told one of the lower belts I didn't want to be taken to the floor with the wrist-lock take-down we had just been shown how to do, Sensei grabs me to be the alternate demo-dummy, er, black belt.  I landed oh-so-wrong and right on my already bitchin' SI joint.  It didn't exactly say, "Thank you very much."  More like, "Frell you very much."*

I have a blog post that really should have been put online Thursday before last, but it has been languishing in my unused (of the last couple of days) journal in my messenger bag.  Briefcase, whatever.  Guess I should get a typing.

HOURS LATER:  Guess I failed to type it up.  Will just post this so I can have a half-way up to date blog post.   : )

* You should know what "Frell" means by now.  Ditto for "Frak"***.

**  I take my mission as a Science Fiction Ambassador very seriously.  I must convert the universe!  Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated, even if it's just by your smart phone. 

*** Battlestar Galactica, not the shale oil fracking, drilling thing getting all the publicity lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment